THE FUZZY DUCK "WIN A WEDDING VENUE" PRIZE DRAW – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to the Fuzzy Duck "Win a Wedding Venue Package" Prize Draw (the "Prize Draw"). You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Prize Draw.
The promoter of the Prize Draw is Fuzzy Duck (Armscote) Limited ("Fuzzy Duck"), owner of The Fuzzy Duck venue and whose registered office is at Acre House, 11/15 William Road, London, NW1 3ER.
If you have any queries about the Prize Draw or these Terms then please contact us at [email protected].
Opening and closing dates, eligibility
- The Prize Draw will begin at around 2:00pm on 14 February 2020 and close on or around 11:59pm on 16 March 2020 (the "Prize Draw Period").
- The Prize Draw is open to all individuals who are:
- residents of the United Kingdom; and
- aged 18 years or over,
at the time of entry into the Prize Draw and notification of winners.
- This Prize Draw is free to enter. No purchase is necessary.
- The Prize Draw is not open to employees, contractors, representatives, agents, officers or directors of Fuzzy Duck, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, marketing agencies, or to any of their immediate family members or persons living in the same household, whether or not related, or anyone else professionally connected with the Prize Draw.
- Internet access and an email address are required to enter the Prize Draw.
- To enter and receive one (1) entry into the Prize Draw, participants must:
- visit https://fuzzyduckarmscote.com/win and
- complete the form with their full name and email address and submit it,
by the end of the Prize Draw Period.
- Entries must be completed correctly and received by Fuzzy Duck during the Prize Draw Period to be eligible to win the Prize. All entries received outside the Prize Draw Period will not be included in the Prize Draw.
- There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Entries generated by script, macro, mechanical or other automated means are prohibited and will cause disqualification. Multiple entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
- Entrants will also need to provide a valid email address (these details shall be used to contact the winner and/or to deliver the Prize).
- Fuzzy Duck accepts no responsibility for entries that are illegible or lost, delayed, damaged or rendered invalid for any reason beyond its control.
- Entries that are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and/or that are delayed, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or otherwise defective will be disqualified.
- Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entries.
- Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to disqualify any entrant it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
- If at any time you wish to withdraw from the Prize Draw your request should be made in writing to Fuzzy Duck at [email protected].
Selection of the Winner
- One (1) winner will be drawn at random from all valid and eligible entries received during the Prize Draw Period ("Winner").
- The Winner will be selected on or around 19 March 2020.
- The Winner will be notified by email only, using the contact details provided with their entry. The Winner must acknowledge this notification within 72 hours, in order to claim the Prize.
- If a Prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the Winner; the Winner cannot accept the Prize; the Winner is not eligible for the Prize or has not complied with these Terms (including where the Winner does not provide additional verification information or enter into a separate booking agreement in accordance with these Terms), then Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to award the Prize to a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- The name of the Winner and the Prize won will (unless the Winner has objected on lawful grounds) be made available on receipt of a self-addressed pre-paid envelope received by Fuzzy Duck at Fuzzy Duck, Ilmington Road, Armscote, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 8DD before 18 May 2020.
- The Winner will win the following wedding venue package at the Fuzzy Duck, Ilmington Road, Armscote, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire CV37 8DD:
- exclusive use of The Fuzzy Duck venue for a wedding ceremony and reception on the day and evening of the wedding (on a date to be agreed as set out in paragraph 24 below and subject to maximum occupancy restrictions as set out in paragraph 21);
- reasonable assistance from The Fuzzy Duck venue coordinator for venue arrangements;
- 4 x hotel rooms at The Fuzzy Duck (on a bed and breakfast basis) the night before and the day of the wedding;
- reception drink service of 1 x glass of sparkling wine or soft drink per person;
- toast drink service of 1 x glass of sparkling wine or soft drink per person;
- three course meal for up to 45 guests, consisting of the following:
- bread rolls;
- starter: roasted tomato, red pepper & rosemary soup or warm goats cheese tartlet;
- main: pan roast chicken or wild mushroom stuffed chicken;
- vegetarian option: wild mushroom risotto;
- dessert: warm sticky toffee pudding or warm dark chocolate fondant;
- tea and filtered coffee;
- excludes bottled still & sparkling water;
- ½ bottle of house wine (red or white) or soft drink per person during dinner;
- choice of evening food for up to 45 guests: pulled pork or bacon or sausage rolls or a vegetarian option.
- The Prize is subject to the conditions of Fuzzy Duck's wedding licence and maximum occupancy limitations including:
A maximum of 45 people can be included in the ceremony and the reception (including wedding party, celebrant, guests, photographers, etc, but excluding Fuzzy Duck staff). Fireworks and marquees are not allowed at The Fuzzy Duck venue and music is subject to sound restrictions. Other restrictions may apply, please speak to The Fuzzy Duck venue coordinator for more information.
- All elements of the Prize must be taken at the same time.
- The Prize must be used for the Winner's wedding only.
- The Winner must advise The Fuzzy Duck venue coordinator of their preferred wedding date at least three (3) months in advance. All dates are subject to availability and Fuzzy Duck's absolute discretion. The wedding must fall on a day between Tuesday – Saturday and before 19 March 2021. Excluded dates are: UK bank holidays, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve; New Year's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day.
- The Winner will be required to enter into a separate booking agreement with Fuzzy Duck in order to receive the Prize. Fuzzy Duck's wedding booking terms will be made available to the Winner ("Booking Terms").
- Once booked the wedding cannot be amended without incurring cancellation or administration fees as set out in the Booking Terms, which will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- Other menu options are available at additional cost, which must be met by the Winner. Dietary requirements can be catered for upon prior agreement between the Winner and Fuzzy Duck and additional costs may apply.
- The Prize is subject to the Winner's wedding party spending a minimum of £500 on the bar.
- The Winner is responsible for all other aspects of the wedding, including without limitation the following:
- car transport;
- music and entertainment;
- wedding cake;
- makeup artist;
- wedding dress and suit;
- toast master or master of ceremonies;
- civil ceremony fee and celebrant;
- canapes (available at additional cost);
- beverages from the hotel room mini-bar; and
- all other costs and arrangements not specifically mentioned in paragraph 20 above.
- There is no cash or other prize alternative to any Prize, except in the event of circumstances outside Fuzzy Duck's reasonable control, when Fuzzy Duck reserves the right (but is not obliged) to substitute a similar or alternative prize of equivalent or greater value.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to forfeit a Prize where it reasonably suspects that the Winner is not eligible under or has not complied with these Terms. In such circumstances, it shall award the Prize to a replacement winner selected in the same way as the original Winner.
- The Winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Prize Draw, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and/or press purposes.
- Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the Winner in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
- Any decision of Fuzzy Duck is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Fuzzy Duck reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Prize Draw and/or amend or alter these Terms at any time, without prior notice or compensation, in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers make it necessary for it to do so.
- If there is a conflict in these Terms with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this Prize Draw, these conditions will take precedence.
- Fuzzy Duck accepts no responsibility or liability for (a) any entries which are not received due to the use of incorrect or inaccurate entry information, any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions, or for any other reason; (b) any unauthorised access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of the Prize Draw; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the operation of the Prize Draw; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet and/or any website; or (e) any injury or damage to any person’s computer(s) or mobile device(s) which may be related to or result from any attempt to participate in the Prize Draw or to download any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- Responsibility of Fuzzy Duck
- Fuzzy Duck will award the Prize as described in the Terms and will be liable to the Winner for losses the Winner suffers which are foreseeable and are caused as a direct result of Fuzzy Duck's breach of these Terms or the Booking Terms or Fuzzy Duck's failure to use reasonable care and skill in the provision of the Prize.
- Fuzzy Duck accepts no responsibility or liability to the Winner for any business losses that they may incur (including but not limited to lost profits, lost revenues, business interruption, loss of goodwill or business opportunity).
- Fuzzy Duck is not responsible for events outside of its control or for any losses arising as a result of events outside of Fuzzy Duck's control.
- However, nothing in these Terms or the Booking Terms shall have the effect of excluding or restricting Fuzzy Duck's liability where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for personal injury or death caused by the negligence of Fuzzy Duck or its employees, agents or sub-contractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Any personal information supplied in connection with the Prize Draw will be used, shared and retained as set out in the Privacy Notice of Fuzzy Duck posted at https://fuzzyduckarmscote.com/prize-privacy-policy.
- The Prize Draw and these Terms (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts. Consumers in Scotland and Northern Ireland may additionally bring an action in their home courts.